Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Supporting Our Little Ones

David has had a hard time at school and places where there are many people. He gets easily overstimulated which gets him into trouble. We have been working with him so much on self control and his hyperactivity (me, his teachers, a director).
He has been getting special Spiderman stickers when he is behaving at school, so today he got one and put it on my shirt when I saw him early in the day. I was so proud of him and left it on my shirt for the rest of the day. That was my way to show my support for him- didn't really think it would make any difference, but just felt like it was my way to show support and how proud of him I am.
When we got in the car, he told me he got another sticker and I showed him that I was still wearing the first one. He just beamed and said, "Mom, I love you sooo much!"

That touched me - that small way of support really meant so much to him. Sometimes it just takes something so small to touch a little soul.

0 comments: