Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas in Review
















We had such a great Christmas. It all started on Saturday, December 22 at Hoppy's and Susu's home. We had a delicious meal that Susu slaved in the kitchen to make, fun with all the cousins in their new teepees and a white elephant exchange. The gift I brought made me laugh for days- not as funny to everyone else, but I couldn't stop laughing at myself. I filled a ginormous pair of underwear up with pecans, wrote SEXY on the back of the underwear, and made a lovely tag calling them "Pecanties"!! I am still giggling to myself. A great day had by all!!


The next event was going to Pop's home on Christmas Eve for some treats and fun. We exchanged our gifts as David, Caroline, and Kate harrassed the cat and kept trying to run upstairs. Someone was on constant stair duty. We had tons of fun there and knew it was time to go once the kids began to fall on the floor and throw fits.

That night we opened up our Christmas pjs and David helped me write a note to Santa. He picked out 3 sugar cookies for him and we threw the reindeer food on our driveway. At the end of the night, we read Twas the Night Before Christmas as visions of sugar plums danced in their heads! We woke up to David saying, "I got the ugly Spiderman!!!!!" (The bad guy dressed like Spiderman, but wears black) We had a wonderful time!!! Later Grammy, Pops, Sara, and Paul came over and we ended the night at Aunt Barbara's.

Our one sadness abou our holiday was not being able to be with all our family. We really missed being with the Salazars- I wish we all lived in the same city!!! Again, I missed my Mimi. It is just not the same without her laughter and hugs.







2 comments:

Emily said...

Am I the 1st to comment on your blog?

I'm so glad you started a blog b/c now I can keep up with your family more frequently. We just started one too, after reading so many friends' blogs, although I don't think I'll have too much to say until Travis arrives :)

It was great seeing you guys Christmas night. I hope to see you again soon!

Love, emily

Kyle, Mel, and Samuel, and Noah said...

Yay!!!!
So glad you joined the blog world!
We loved seeing you on Christmas and playing with your adorable kiddos!! David is so funny!

Looking forward to keeping up with your fam!
~Mel