Saturday, February 7, 2009

Soul Mate Friends....

My friend DeNae is such a treasure to me. She has been my best friend for 20 years. It is so amazing that we do not see each other for months but stay so close. She came in town from Austin this week and stayed with us for a couple of nights. She just left today, and it makes me so sad to see her go. Usually when you don't see someone regularly, you drift apart not knowing what to say to each other or just talk about "old times". I am not saying we don't laugh and laugh over old times, but we share who we are now. We have both changed so much, but we have grown together and I will always have such a special place in my heart for her. We are so similar that you would think we were sisters. To me, she is my sister. We can share our deepest selves with each other- all the good and bad- and still love each other. We have such a strong bond that will never break, and I am so blessed to have her in my life. She is my soul mate friend.

0 comments: