Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Baby Kate is growing so quickly!!!






Our last little baby is quickly changing before our eyes. I was always and still am excited to see the new things the kids can do, but it is a little sad at times, too. I love watching them discover new things- learning how to walk, talk, and about the world with new fresh eyes. Now I hear the little pitter patter of running feet in my hallway- what a sweet sound! Sometimes I yell out- no running!- but then I think- one day I am going to miss that sound. I need to treasure this- not where they just go nuts, but just treasure them being kids. How precious to hear these little feet and laughing!!

They are all growing before our eyes, but just knowing Kate is the baby- makes me want to freeze the moment. We actually already changed her crib (that she never slept in) into the toddler bed. She loves to play in it and pretend to night night, but not quite ready to sleep the whole night there. She is now climbing everywhere- I don't know if she has hiking mountains in her future, but right now it seems she will. She is on the kitchen table and counters- just climbing from one thing to another- and oh, so proud of herself! She is saying words now and running and playing with David and Caroline. For a while, they would not play with her, but now they are slowly letting her in their circle. It is so exciting to see the love between all of them. Even with Brent- they adore him and he is always holding or playing with one of them. Of course, he has his moments of wanting quiet or at least no kids around, but he loves them and enjoys them. I am so proud and overjoyed when I see them all together. They have fun together and I want them to always treasure each other. I just love them all so much - I can't even believe how blessed I am to have them. I am so thankful for my family.

0 comments: