Thursday, January 24, 2008

Goal at 40

This year I turn 40! My birthday is in December, so I have a few months left in my 30's. I decided to set a goal for myself and post it to the world to make myself stick to it. Every year right around my birthday, there is a marathon right near me and I am going to do it! I have never done anything like this before, but I thought this is a perfect goal for me for 40! I need to lose weight anyway and run for my sanity. Maybe this will help relieve some stress? I know I feel much happier and more patient after Pilates. It also is impossible to get around this day and they run right down the street from me, so I might as well join in. I am actually quite excited about it and I have plenty of time to train. If I am ready earlier, I might just do the Turkey Trot Run, too. And maybe not. If anyone has ideas on great running shoes, please share. I have cross trainers and need support for all the saggy body parts. :) Get ready White Rockers, here I come! Do you think they would give me my Exxon French Vanilla Supreme coffee on the stops? ----- Probably not.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your plan to run a marathon. Barry says to go to Runners' World website. They have an 18 week training program that is good.

Kyle, Mel, and Samuel, and Noah said...

Wow, I'm impressed!
More power to ya.....let me know how it goes and I'll do the next one with ya :)