Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Saying goodbye to Babyhood


As the tears roll down my face, I pass the rocking chair to another home. I rocked my baby David all the time- for feedings, putting him to sleep, cuddling and reading books. Then Caroline came along and when I rocked her, David would climb up on the chair to join us. The chair seemed to be the "quiet time with mom" chair. Then Kate came along and the chair didn't get as much use because now Caroline and David would climb up to join us and, yes, it was a bit crowded. Sadly, it is time to say goodbye to the little small baby times and now look for a bigger rocker that we can all fit in together for quiet time with mom. I know it seems silly and the chair became a clothes rack, but I was really sad to let go. David is doing a little acting- he really wasn't that sad. A fine example of the drama we face each day.

0 comments: