Sunday, January 27, 2008

Training Begins

Today my training for the marathon began. I have been running/ walking on the treadmill, but it was actually nice today finally so I was able to run outside. Different since our neighborhood is the Rocky Mountains. My uncle told me there was a great training program in Runners World online, so that really was a great resource!! They say to start running/ walking in intervals and increase the running slowly (actual set times for each week) and do this 4 days per week. The focus in the beginning also is on the amount of time not miles, so I went for 30 minutes. Nice! 30 minutes free of crying and hanging on my leg! What a treat! I am going to do a 5K first in April just to get my feet wet. I am really excited about it- it felt great and love having a goal!

Then about an hour later, I did go get a coffee- yum!!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm very impressed Debi. I've done the marathon relay w/ some girls from work, but I've never run over 5 miles. Way to go!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Beverly said...

Wow, you go girl!

Kyle, Mel, and Samuel, and Noah said...

I'm impressed! You're going to be one buff mama :)